Sunday, September 18, 2005

I am discouraged and I am going to whine


I got some good news, 40,000 hits on NY Route 30 last month. I worked the phones yesterday, mainly trying to get some old timers to renew, no luck. Then this jerk, who agreed to my $200/year website deal earlier this month, welshes on me without telling me after I called him to tell him to check over the info that I laboriously entered. He says he can't use it now, as if his place isn't running at 10% capacity. Fool, the website isn't for you to use, it's to get customers to visit! He really pissed me off. I put all this work into his site and he doesn't have the wherewithal to tell me he doesn't want it. I had to bite through a 3/4" pine board to keep me from giving him the tongue lashing he so richly deserved. Or some other disreputable people, with whom I made a no-money link swapping deal, can't even take 15 seconds to post my link on their site after 3 months, but will take the time to critique my site.

Now, I get to go back to subbing school and other thankless crap where I have to deal with semi-literate baboons who do their best to waste school district money on their fraudulent education! At least this one student that I got for Physics tutoring, a college one, seems motivated. Believe it or not, I like to feel that all my efforts aren't wasted.

No comments: