Thursday, September 15, 2005

Gas Prices Dip


the other day I was filling up at Exit 8, the sign said $3.199 but the pump said $3.159. So I figured they were planning to raise it so I got on it. When I got back to my car after paying, it was set @ $3.099. If I had waited 5 minutes I would have saved 6 cents/gal. Now, it's at $2.999 around here and falling some more, thank God! Been working on some local accounts and websites, as well as some old fallback jobs like tutoring and subbing. Even at $2.999/gal, it cuts heavily into my margin.
Last trip I concentrated on the High Peaks again, got free rent for some web page help, sort of like the journeymen of yore. Keep on trying, especially trying to hype my wilmington-whiteface.com, without too much initial success, but I'll keep it going too regardless. Checked out some 5 star places in Placid, did I feel out of place. But I got the marketing guy's # and called him on a business day. You'd think someone whose main job is checking out promotion and advertising would take the time to even check my site out, nope! Guess I wasn't a member of the right yacht or polo club for his taste. Quit Whining and get back to work, illegitame non carborundum!

No comments: