Monday, June 05, 2006

Best Darn Blue Route in the USA!


The other day I took a drive through Placid to Schroon Lake, where I landed a new website job at a restaurant there. Schroon Lake is the center of my ADKI87.com site. So after I got the job, i built a fire and hung out in my old site by Schroon Falls. after that I took Blue Ridge Road, CR 84 to Newcomb then to Long Lake. Cr 84 is okay, but at the top, it's twisty and narrow and it was a foggy and rainy night. NY 28N was okay, but a little beat-up. When I got to the junction of NY 30 in Long Lake, I was so happy. NY 30 to Tupper from there is so easy and fast, great for a night like that one. It reminded me why I started this whole business because NY Route 30 is the

NY 30 between Long Lake and Tupper Lake

Best Darn Blue Route in the USA!

1 comment:

Emmett Hoops said...

I don't know if you're right about Rt.30 being so great. The regularity of the shoulder and clearance tends to get dull after a while. My vote is for the North Hudson Road, from Rt. 9 near the former Frontier Town, to Moriah. It is a very old road, with huge trees right up to the side of the road (which may come down soon if the town of Moriah has its way). It crosses a swamp where once I saw a moose. There is no road like it in the Adirondacks. You have a feeling of how roads used to be before safety was an issue.

Check it out sometime.