Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Oy Vey, what a beautiful day!


It was a great one, starting at 3 am. Working like a dog on Guido's new site as well as revamping my babies. Then I went up Malone way to go turkey hunting. Ended up in Bangor and Westville, but everywhere I went in the farm back country there were road crews doing backed up repairs and maintainance. Scared all the birds away. It was a true green Kodak day, great for my little Walmart cheepo. Green also for growth after all the good rains. But the bugs are out, ready to eviscerate you!

Then I gravitated towards the Mohawk Res then Robert Moses Park and the Power Dam and the Eisenhower Lock at the top of NY State. They closed the visitors center at the dam, it's a Post 9/11 world, whatever that meant. Do they think anyone could devise a bomb to take the dam out, or are they protected from kamikaze airliners from Canada maybe? If some muslim jihader jerk had a nuke, he's going to blast NYC, DC or Philly, not Massena. Don't see any flak or SAM batteries by the international dam. THe new visitors center is on Hawkins Point, by the boat launch. Pretty lame compared to the old one which was open two years ago.

Then I explored old Massena. Looped down NY 56, checked out Norwood village, I added a page just for massena and robert moses.

No comments: