Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back to Canton



Went back up to St. Larry County today, to check out Canton during a business day and get some more shots. Of course, I only have my basic but utterly useful Polaroid and not my zoom Olympus, which is back in Albany, mailed from the ripoff factory repair shop. The Polaroid was the cheapest camera at Wal Mart and recharges itself off the USB cable from the computer, saving tons on AA cells. St Lawrence County is a great place to drive, all the roads are tons of fun. I took some county and town roads in Parishville and came into Colton the back way. Canton seems like a cool place, people were receptive to what I was doing, hope it translates into some business.
Downtown Canton

Then I hit ole Saranac and Lake Placid tonight. Did some fishing down at the big state landing and campground on NY 3, about 3 miles west of 45 zone. Had some local take a snap of me in downtown Placid. Don't forget to check the tires, my two left ones are weak and I can't afford to get a whole new set now. Maybe I should be like the average slob and drive around with dirty windows, lights out, bald low tires, bad struts, no emergency brakes like so many other "motorists".
Me in Placid at night

No comments: