Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hello, I'm still here, still banging away at it!


I took a bit of a break after the Midwest trip. But I went up last week and spent some time moping around St. Lawrence County on NY 3 near Wanakena, Star Lake. Had fun exploring the old iron mine, cinder plant. Camped out right on NY 3, the old road, it was so convenient and had cover and the traffic was fairly light. Well, I couldn't drum up any new business but I added Star Lake to my virtual empire.

Ausable Forks

Then I migrated to Tupper Lake and vegged around for a few days at the Park Motel; thank god I had my CAT 5 wiring gear so I could make myself useful. Went to the new Chamber's visitors center party too. Tried to drum up some biz, but talk about slow, 1/2 the 'Daks in on vacation after that horrendous winter!

Visited Ausable Forks, via the back way since NY 86 is closed between Lake Placid and Whiteface in the narrows of High Falls Gorge. My only customer was out of business. Then I saw these mokes walking around the village with this stupid homeboy get-ups and attitudes, including the pit bulls with the leashes made out of 5/16th link chain that you get at the hardware store off the roll. I guess with cable and other media, stupid trends penetrate where they have no business being. Yeah, keep on walking around in your 3x trunks in 37F nights! I got to get my mouth, lips and tongue pierced!

No comments: