Monday, September 26, 2005

Old Forge to Tupper


This weekend I really worked hard. Started in Northville for NYRoute30 and went like a banshee all the way to Old Forge for NYRoute28. Blue Mountain Lake has a BBQ fish fry place, some guy from North Carolina patched a trailer to a cabin and runs a little restaurant right there on NY 28 & 30 just east of the stop sign. In Old Forge, OF, I camped out west of town off the old road grade, now snowmobile trail. It was okay but yesterday Ranger Rick paid me a visit, told me to clean up(as if someone had to remind me) and I was camped to close to the trail. At least he didn't harp on the latter point. A lot of bear hunters were out in OF. Hung around the indispensible all night Fastrac gas station/convenience store. Met a lot of locals and tourist. They are a lot friendlier in OF and NYRoute28 in general. My url posters get ripped down in 2 days in Lake Placid but the ones I put a month ago up in OF and environs are still there. But I wish friendliness translated into more business. I canvassed 50+ places. Now I am at the Park Motel in Tupper Lake and am heading to Saranac Lake.

No comments: