Wednesday, January 22, 2003

The Freeze is On!


Took a Subaru down to Noo Joisey for Grumme, well my new bride drove it as I folllowed in the Billy Goat. Of course, the Rhodes Scholar Grumme got Nob Hill spelled as Kob Hill in Roseland Township, NJ. So Mapquest gave me Cobb Terrace, but we psyched it out with help of a street resident. Then we overshot the turn by a couple miles an not one of the immigrant gas jockies ever heard of this huge Nob Hill townhouse project. I turned up a service track and saw three deer, right there in the heart of the suburban-urban sprawl. Compared to this, Cohoes is the deep woods. It turned out this Tzui was actually a J.A.P., well not really but being negative never the less. I saw the mezzuzah on the door and said to her husband that I expected a Chinese woman not a Yid. He was cool and was relieved. I mounted the four tires on it and checked it out good before we left Glenmont, NY. I guess they figure that when you buy a car from Upstate NY, they send the mechanic in camo with his wife to deliver it. The Billy Goat ran like a pro but guzzled gas, with the NJ Hunting Club-Adirondack Chapter bumper sticker.

You always know when you get to CT, the speed limit drops. CT is such a kill-joy state that for the 1/2 mile that I-684(from White Plains to Brewster) crosses into Greenwich, CT, the dicks posted it at 55, while the NY stretch is 65. I-84 still sucks cause CT does everything on the cheap and we all pay triple for it, especially that road thru Danbury and the rest of the cities.

No comments: