Monday, December 08, 2008

Going Green


Being green is cool, but some people grouse about enviro-nazis and scoff at even the most common sense measures to conserve and protect, then turn around and call themselves conservationists cause they want a nice view from all 4 of their homes. Of course they claim they are logical but are as small minded and selfish as the radical enviros they criticize. So if it is pretty and green around their upscale homes they could care less about the other side of the tracks.
I am a practical person. So if I can walk or ride my bike somewhere i will. Even though the price of gas has dropped thank god, I still conserve.Usually I park closest to the exit and walk the extra 50 yards anyways. Not only does this save a miniscule amount of gas but it saves a lot of pointless wear and tear. Also it helps avoids a parking lot collision. Then if I want to go to a neighboring store I will walk. If this makes me look weird, so be it; only an utterly petty person would make a stink about that. Also, the exercise really helps and if people walked an extra mile or two a week instead of driving everywhere, we wouldn't have so many land whales croaking of heart attacks at 49 or taking insulin.

For example, I was at local big box place and one set of doors was locked at night. So these two young guys realize the doors are locked too but I told them the other set was open all the time. As I was walking over to the open doors, I saw these two obviously healthy guy drive their truck all of 40 yards to be near those doors. How lame! Same when I am on the road making sales, I go on foot as much as possible, at least you can spot and see things you would miss driving, which makes me more aware. Don't get me wrong, I love driving, but not stop and go nonsense in cities or parking lots. Get me on the open road and I'll go on all day.

Same with consuming packaged trash I don't need, Fill the water bottle, don't buy a plastic one from the cooler. Think of all the electricity, fuel, plastic and cost that bottled thing just consumed then save a $1.09.

Okay, enough of a lecture, have fun.

No comments: