Monday, May 15, 2006

In Memoriam


Found out my friend, Kim Van Evera passed away. She ran the Back to Basic: for Real Camping in Yurts and Outdoor Experience Near the End of the Northville - Lake Placid Trail. I met her on the web, we were both in some defunct New York State webring and I could tell she was right down the road from my old campsite in West Benson. She lived down in the middle of Bleeker, in Fulton County, in the Park. So I contacted her, at first trying to sell, but I loved what she was doing so I had to check her out. So I did a few times during the Fall and helped her raise a big 32' yurt. She left two beautiful little girls. She was a serious back country hiker herself, and picked up campers at the Northville - Lake Placid trailhead. National Geographic wrote a piece about her. She was totally unique. Bye Kim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so sad, what happened that made this beautiful woman pass away at such a young age?