Sunday, August 28, 2005

West to Old Forge this Time


My last road trip was an extended one. I started out in Tupper Lake, went back to Lake Placid, then ended up in Old Forge, working on my NY Route 28 website where I hadn't been in over two years. Placid was hard work, but it's good to have a place with so much packed together for easy travel, I wore out the legs instead of my car which is okay. I even covered Wilmington - Whiteface area and built a new website just for them Wilmington-Whiteface.com which redirects to Adirondack I also made a $20 helping some guy with a leaky heater line, which made that day. I spent one night in this hostel in Placid, but it was too uptight a place. Though a shower in the morning was a big help. Every night I camped out it was damp and rained lightly a few times but at least the old tent held. Then after attending the air show in Saranac and wasting time looking for biz there, I decided to head west on NY 28, which would give me a chance to hit NY 30 too to Blue Mountain Lake. On the way, at my motel website customer's in Tupper, I got some more work making it Canadian friendly and putting a French page in. I did okay, Old Forge was very busy and a lot different. Whereas the Eastern Adirondacks is very cosmopolitan or feeds off the Albany region, the western part feeds off of the Utica - Syracuse = Rochester part of the state. More laid back in some ways. Also got a bunch of new pictures. But the last day in Old Forge it rained the whole day almost. That part of NYRoute28.com laid dormant for the longest time and really needed some work. For too long, it was a backwater.

No comments: