Tuesday, June 21, 2005

More car hassles


Since I can't find a reasonable repair manual for the junkbox, I ordered this All Data account for a year for the Eagle. Trouble shooting some more confirmed that it was the fuel pump. Thank god Geon came up with a pump for $75, about 1/7 the normal list price of the non-available dealer pump. So tomorrow, I drain the tanks, thank god Jap cars have drain plugs, and pull the tank. Hope to get some re-enforcement. Soon, I will be back on the road and out of the Albany hell hole!

Well, the pump didn't cure the problem. I never checked for a spark, rank amateur! The distributor was shot, but thank god I bought it less than a year ago so Geon took it back and gave me another. That worked! But the plugs were shot and a wire broke, but I discovered an extra set of wires and plugs in the garage! Now it runs better than ever after I reset the timing.

No comments: