Friday, May 06, 2005

Hello Again

Hello Again


I worked my butt off the last day. I went up to Warrensburg and camped out overnight in one of my hidden spots. That is a spot where I can drive in some secluded place, usually a clearing for lumbering that isn't posted, and camp out. It must be quiet but easily accessible by my Eagle. This one is near the Glen and is quite secluded. There were a a couple of blowdowns I had to clear, which more than anything, means no one has been up there since last there! These spots are my private: I keep them clean and never let on the spot to any one else. The last thing I want is a bunch of slobs abusing the place and getting things posted and blocked off or attracting troopers or wardens.

Warrensburg has always been a tough. I spent days there ever since I started NYRoute28.com and have a total of three spots in the whole area. People are tight! It's not like they are broke, W-Burg is right off the Northway, which is part of my new website, Adirondack Northway dot Net. I tried to sell some space on my Adirondack Northway dot Net site in Saratoga, but all those fancy places are a little bit out of my league. Too many preppie suit types. It isn't easy, but even though I make zilch, I spruced up the site with a bunch of better jpegs and topographic maps, after all it isn't all about the $. But I was in pain, so after meeting a couple of previous customers in Indian Lake, I beat a hasty retreat back to Albany. Still getting the hang of my new Olympus zoom digital camera. I got it on clearance for $150 off, then when I went back to Office Max to get my new business cards, I saw they had a coupon for another 20% off, so I talked to my manager-friend and he let me get another $43.50 off. With the way things are going, I need to save every nickel, screw business deductions, if you aren't making money, deductions mean nothing.
I put a page in for Stony Creek, at least I got a chance to thank the locals and highway crew there who yanked my van out of the snow in the winter of 2003

No comments: