Friday, December 06, 2002

Snow Update



Blew up the Northway, I-87 to Ballston Spa, X 12. Route 67 was cool except for this incompetent coward doing 20 in a brand new Subaru Outback, a car I could 60 in the same weather. So I pulled a right flank manuever at the first light on Eastline Road, blew around her, cut her off and made the light while she sat there at the red. After B-Spa, I took about 4 more passes in the snow, great tires, and got to Broadalbin just in time for traffic court. I laid it on thick: Took my hat off, used "Your Honor" or Sir. While I waited, I ran over and washed some clothes. The DA let me plead to parking on the pavement, from 44 in a 30. What a break! I even started selling the judge on my website.

Then I checked in up in Northampton, and drove back to Johnstown to the all night Chopper for shampoo and shaving cream. After that, I went down to Fonda to watch freights on the mainline. One train had a bunch of cars with hotboxes (overheated bearing box of the cars axles) glowing orange. In the village, I parked by the 1836 Grecian Revival Montgomery County Courthouse, where I snapped some digital pics. A million crows were roosting in the trees all around! It was surreal with the snow and the high intensity lights. The roads are cool, they do a good job of snow removal in Fulton County. I'm using the lobby computer at the Johnstown Holiday Inn, where I just inquired about rates and internet access, even sold the night manager on nyroute30.com! Well, I have to talk to the big cheese during normal people's hours, but the dude was way cool and is letting me blog.

No comments: